Well, after a long sabbatical (I wish it were actually rest, but instead just rest from blogging!)… I’m back!
I will start off with my delicious meal from this evening… then will share my experience with homemade pasta and the most amazing lasagna ever created!
This dish is probably my favorite tilapia recipe yet. After eating coastal seafood, what we get in the Midwest is tough to enjoy. And tilapia, the budget fish, is the worst. The strong, rich garlic; creamy potatoes; and fresh and crispy kale are the perfect match to bring out the good in this fish!
This recipe is for 1 serving. Just multiply all ingredients by the number you plan to make!
Tilapia with Roasted Garlic Potato Crust and Kale
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- splash of milk
- 1 russet potato
- 1 kale leaf
- 1 lemon wedge
- Roast garlic, tossed in EVOO, in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes; until slightly brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes (steam or microwave).
- Puree garlic with milk, add cooked potatoes. Stir in 1/2 of the chopped kale and tarragon.
- Place tilapia in baking dish (preferably same as garlic dish), season with salt and pepper.
- Top with mashed potato mixture, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Broil fish until cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedge; top with fresh herbs.
Idea: Great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!